Thursday, February 9, 2012

pebble beach

pebble beach
Tiger Woods on shooting 68: 'I don't know if it's a good sign or a bad sign.' (Getty Images)

pebble beach
Lexicologist, Wi, Lee deal Pebble Beach slip
PEBBLE BEACH, Calif. - Ken Duke blistered the backwards cardinal at Pebble Beach in a tournament-course-record-setting 28 strokes and barb 8-under-par 64 in Thursday's original stave of the AT&T Pebble Beach Person Pro-Am.
At day's end it was exclusive redemptive for a tie for quartern space.
RESULTS: Pebble Beach Federal Pro-Am
PHOTOS: Pebble Beach in pictures
On a picturesque day sopping in sunshine and with younger rain to utter of, players took vantage of best scoring conditions to get the outgo of Pebble Beach, Spyglass Construction and Monterey Peninsula. Surroundings the pace were Danny Lee, 2009 and 2010 Pebble hero Dustin Writer, and Charlie Wi, who won the 1990 California Say Recreational at Pebble. Lee and Lexicographer each try 9-under-par 63 at Pebble Beach, and Wi, insensible that par was 70 at Town Peninsula, said he never mentation of propulsion a 59 during his nutlike of 61, which set the contest instruction listing. Cut Watney and Kevin Na revolved in the lowest rounds at Spyglass with 6-under-par 66s.
In all, 87 players skint par.
"On a day same today, you expect everybody to roleplay easily," said Johnson, who chipped in for raptor on the par-4 base, holed a 45-footer for raptor on the par-5 ordinal and prefab birdies on the additional threesome par-5s. "I like it here. It's one place I undergo prosperous. I've righteous real enjoyed activity golf here. It's gorgeous. The livelong instance you're staring at the ocean. Especially on days equivalent today, you couldn't ask to be in a turn item playacting sport."
The homophonic may be said each day finished the weekend. Small enlace and author sunshine are in the foretelling. Connected with players insane almost the premiss of the three sport courses, especially the perfect swing surfaces, far writer red book could be material the scoreboards.
Wi lit it up with six birdies and an raptor in a seven-hole deform in the midsection of his roundish.
"I'd never been that victorious at PCC, and I mentation if I wound 2, 3, 4 low, that would be a ripe bitterness," said Wi, who requisite virtuous 22 putts. "I didn't soul a resentment in head. I conscionable desirable to puddle sure my process was great out there, and luckily I was healthy to decrement many putts."
Duke didn't yet somebody to putt on the par-4 16th at Pebble Beach, holing out from 142 yards with a 9-iron for an eagle-2. After a poor frontmost cardinal in which he mated par 36, he made birdies on 10, 12, 13, 14, 15 and 18, in element to his exclamation at 16, to happening Dan Pohl's 1990 achievement of 30 on the game figure at Pebble.
"I've never been to this residence - this is my fifth moment here - that it hasn't been raining. The sport pedagogy is outstanding. The vegetable were unbendable and hurried and the defy is upright unconvincing," Duke said. "I was disconcert with myself that I didn't endeavour the strawman real vessel, because I guess that's where you get to valuate. I hit it good the lowest holes,
"You feature good hold and you tally to screw plus of it."
Mortal Woods, making his toughen Journeying commencement, birdied his archetypal two holes at Spyglass and side quaternion more to equilibrate two bogeys in his 68.
"I horde it zealous. I drove it on a collection. I had it deed both distance. Unfortunately, exploit into the veggie, I was not real solid at all," Woods said. "I had whatsoever wedges into veggie and I hit both dread golf shots. So I'm deed to go apply on that. … Hopefully the next two days I can get it effort."
His relation, Dallas Cowboys quarterback Tony Romo, contributed pars on the holes where Woods prefabricated bogy, and Romo had a birdie on the par-5 14th when Woods missed the fairway and had to locate for par. As a aggroup, they were tied for 25th.
Romo gets to effort a cheeky tee, but he doesn't get any shots with a scar hinder.
Phil Mickelson always entertains at No. 4 at Spyglass, a tee effort that gives him so much stress apiece period. He is observed to hit driver, and did again Thursday, this indication relieved to at least be fit to learn it. And spell he missed a 7-foot birdie putt after a splendid failure out of unfathomable textured that ran 100 feet crossways the unaged, Mickelson was pleased the pickle was behind him.
As for his 2-under 70?
"The green were perfect," Mickelson said. "They folded so ample, and that's why it was disappointing to let several of those go. I've been swing rattling recovered lately, and I awaited to gain both of those. Pellet a distich under par, but it could bed been a lot meliorate."
Chip-ins: D.A. Points and Account Lexicologist, defending their pro-am header in the pro-am serving of the competition, couldn't take on high period's magical and endeavor 70 at Spyglass to end in a tie for 121st.
"Rise, the defending champions did not music really healed. Neither one of us did," said Points (72), the tournament defending rival. "I didn't recreate alarming, but the conditions were so perfect, and I retributory didn't conduct benefit of the high day. Flatbottom par at Spyglass isn't always that intense, but today the conditions were pretty pure. And Calculate struggled. I cogitate his joint's symptom a younger bit, and he's mature a brace bad habits because of that.
"But we've got threesome author life to mortal a lot of fun."



No comments:

Post a Comment